Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Welcome, Family and Friends

OK, I guess I'm ready. I will hereby and henceforth be exposed to the world wide web. I will post my drivel and other instant, unplanned thoughts or bits of inspiration for the world to see. Comments are welcome.
I will e-mail this blogg address to everyone of my immediate and extended family so that they may boast of or deny any relationship, as they choose. I intend to occasionally post some provocative commentary here, with the sincere desire that I do not offend anyone, and hopefully, with the intent of creating some meaningful dialog. I have almost no interest in anything going on in the so called 'entertainment' industry, although I may, from time to time express some thoughts about it's value or danger to mankind in general. I have very little interest in the sports arena, but occasionaly will watch a good game. But that is really rare.
My real interests are in Humanity. Human Beings. People. Because I am one of them, and everyone that I personally know and love is also included in this group, I am interested in knowing all that I can about them as a group and individually. I have studied (perhaps I should say 'observed') people all of my life, which is not a short period of time, and quite frankly, in spite of some things that I see, I like people very much. I find them curious, odd, intelligent, inspiring, entertaining, and most of all emotionally uplifting. The thing that is some times discouraging is the problems that occasionally develop in social settings, such as goverment activities, cultural or business associations. But I really enjoy all of these.
Enough for tonight. Will post more later. Roland

No comments: