Friday, April 4, 2008

Corrections and Additions

Corrections:

Just thought that I would identify my former 'goofs' in one post, instead of going back and trying to edit each one. I'm lazy, you know. So, I finally found out where that first post titled Getting Smarter was located and so I Posted it. That's why there are two posts with the same title. Also, on another post, titled Priesthood In Action, I left out the fact that Kevin Vreeken was there and stood in the circle with us too. Thats a lot of people for me to remember.

Additions:
Since our last post about Just Visiting, we have had a delightful evening visiting with Greg and Stacey. And they, too, insisted on feeding us. We really enjoyed the visit, and the meal, but we are afraid that if we ask someone if we can come over, they will think we're just looking for a free meal. Not so. But a relaxing visit while eating does give opportunity to talk about a lot of things and get well acquainted. Now that they are both out of school, they are planning for their future and hopefully all that 'Education' will pay off.

This and That:
Hopefully, some day I might write something worth reading, and if I do, it will probably be in the area of life's philosophy. I might also bore some of you with some of my (Roland's) life experiences, and include some of Betty's too.
As most of you know, I love the Lord, and think about how He has blessed my life and the lives of some other people I know.
Like many people, when you have or discover something good, you want to share it with those whom you know that might also benefit. But a funny thing happens with the area of religion. Everyone who belongs to some faith or other, also thinks the same way, so when you go to share, they either shut you off, or try to convince you that you are the one that needs to listen or consider the way that they believe.
Perhaps by just discussing the Bible, which most 'Christians' seem to have some faith in, I will be able to get some sort of dialog started. Hopefully, if this does happen, all who participate will be friendly and open minded and constructive in their comments.
This blog-site will be available to several families that I consider close friends who are of different religious backgrounds, and I really hope that all who read or post herein will consider that the friendship and love felt among us is more important than 'winning an arguement'. With that said, I promise to keep all of my comments and references strictly to the Bible, and not what some person, famous or not, has said. I personally use the King James Version, but whatever version you use is acceptable. I also will abstain from any scriptural references from 'other' scriptures, even though I may believe them to be valid. Enough for now.
If you believe that I am entering dangerous ground, please let me know your thoughts.
With Love to all, Roland

No comments: